Friday, June 16, 2006

Help a Cop's Kid

I received an email from a fellow gang member tonight (mpd cop) about trying to raise some money to help his daughter. I have been blessed by having had three healthy kids and they never really had any significant injuries; other than the time Zach swallowed a key and $1,000.00 later, he was ok. I can only imagine how he must feel, wondering about his child's future. She has been a diabetic since childhood and just this past year, the family learned she has lymphoma (cancer).

Officer Mann, by all accounts, is a very good officer (officer of the year - 2005) and he loves his family. I think any help would be most appreciated by the Mann family. They have a website where you can donate.

Here is Tom's email:

My 9 year old daughter has had diabetes since she was 17 months old and ever since she was 2 1/2 yrs. old we have had a walk team wlaking for juvenile diabetes "sarah's bad boys". you know every year we have numerous fundraisers. sometimes good and sometimes bad. this year is very important to me for her sake because in january sarah was diagnosed with hodgkin's lymphoma a form of cancer.
so i want to have the best year ever for her october 7, 2006 our annual walk to cure diabetes. we have a web site that people can go to and click on a link that will take them to our official juvenile diabetes research foundation walk team page where people can make a donation - www.sarahsbadboys.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I know he needs the help. I'll have to try to do something.