Sunday, July 27, 2008

And there ain't no doubt






















Last year, I attended an NFL football game in Kansas City, where my Broncos absolutely spanked the Chefs, but before the game something happened that just made me swell up with pride. As the National Anthem was being played,from the east, there appeared one of those gigantic B2, stealth bombers. It looked like a space ship, yet it made no noise, until it had passed us and was probably 50 miles away. People were yelling and screaming and jumping up and down, because we knew that was one of our planes that is there to keep us free. I have to admit that choked me up. Then, today, a friend, who is retired military, sent this video. Yep, if you love this country like I do, it will choke you up too. I don't know why, because it's just 5 little girls singing, but it does. If it doesn't, you need counselling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this blog until I found out you were a Broncos fan. Ughh.

--KC ex-pat

John Harvey said...

Spoken like a true Chefs fan!. At least, we probably both agree on one thing - We Hate the Raiders!!!!!